2932 Wilkinson Ave, The Bronx NY 10461Pay nothing till we win
The Bronx and the other five boroughs of New York City have made huge strides in making the city a more cyclist-friendly place. Over the past decade, hundreds of miles of bike lanes have been installed across the city, encouraging New Yorkers to consider a healthier and more eco-friendly way of getting around.
However, bicycle accidents are still far too common in the city. This is especially true in the Bronx, where there are far fewer protected bike lanes than in Manhattan and Brooklyn. In fact, injuries to Bronx cyclists are up 30 percent in 2020 due to the negligence and reckless driving of motorists, according to the New York Police Department.
If you’re a cyclist, you’re likely taking every safety precaution you can when you’re out on the road, but accidents can still happen. You need aggressive attorneys in your corner to take on the at-fault motorist and their insurance company if you or someone you love was hurt or killed in a bike accident in the Bronx.
Call 1.800.HURT.51 or fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form to speak with an attorney about your legal options.
"I was an UBER passenger and the car got rear-ended by a utility van. I called 1-800-HURT-511 since a friend dealt with them before and I was glad I..."
"Serious team effort from the entire staff to get my work injury case resolved quickly. They built a strong case and kept me in the loop for the..."
"I highly recommend HURT-511! When the insurance companies turned me away after a scary scooter accident that nearly killed me, a lawyer at HURT-511..."
Because bicycles do not offer the same protection against impact that a car or truck would, cyclists are at risk of serious injury whenever they’re involved in a crash. Even a cyclist who observes safety precautions by wearing a helmet could be at risk of grave injury in a collision.
Some of the most common injuries associated with bicycle accidents include:
From road construction to hectic traffic, there are a lot of factors on the busy roads of the Bronx that could contribute to a bicycle accident. However, the most common causes include:
● Dooring Accidents: Motorists and their passengers are supposed to check their rearview mirror and their blind spots to ensure a cyclist isn’t coming when they open their door. However, this courtesy is not always observed, and cyclists may not have enough warning to stop or swerve out of the way before riding into an open car door. This is a frequent cause of bike accidents in busy cities like New York.
● Distracted Drivers: There are many distractions in a vehicle that can cause a motorist to divert their attention from the road. These including the motorist’s phone, their stereo, their car’s navigation, and even eating and drinking in the car. Distracted driving incidents can be extremely serious and lead to cyclist fatalities.
● Left and Right Turns: Motorists are supposed to indicate their turn and check their rearview mirror, side mirrors, and blind spots to see if a cyclist is coming before they make a left or right turn. When drivers fail to do so, they risk colliding with or running over the cyclist or causing the cyclist to crash into the side of their car. These crashes can cause devastating injuries to the cyclist, especially if the motorist directly collides into the bicycle.
For bicycle accident cases in New York State, the statute of limitations–or the amount of time you have to file a suit–is generally three years from the date of your accident.
That may seem like a good amount of time to file, but you shouldn’t hesitate to seek legal counsel immediately after your accident. The longer you wait to contact an attorney, the more likely it will be that vital details that could help you prove negligence on the part of the other motorist will be lost or difficult to recover, including:
To improve your chances of obtaining a winning verdict–and the maximum compensation for your injuries–get in touch with Hurt511 immediately after your accident. After you call 911, call 1.800.HURT.511.
Your attorney could help you seek the following types of compensation after your bicycle accident:
Economic Damages, or compensation for financial losses due to your accident, including:
Non-Economic Damages, or compensation for important but less fiscally tangible losses due to your accident, including:
To learn what your specific bicycle accident case could be worth, call 1.800.HURT.511 to speak with an attorney.
In just four simple steps, Hurt511 can help with your case:
1. Fill out this form or call 1.800.HURT.511.
2. Take 30 seconds to answer a few questions to see what your case is worth.
3. Connect with attorneys in your area who will fight for you—always on a contingency-fee basis.
4. Receive your settlement.
After your bike accident, you need an experienced attorney in your corner. Our attorneys are ready to help you, regardless of your immigration status. Dial 1-800-HURT-511 and you will be connected to a Bronx bike accident lawyer who will explain your legal options.
1-800-HURT-511 has a successful track record of recovering large settlements for victims of bicycle accidents in all five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, and New Jersey. Call 1-800-HURT-511 for a free case evaluation today.