2932 Wilkinson Ave, The Bronx NY 10461Pay nothing till we win
Commercial truck drivers are a part of the heartbeat of the Bronx. These workers are all over the borough: they’re delivering food to restaurants and supermarkets. They’re bringing in pallets of supplies that stores need to keep their shelves stocked. Truck drivers are even responsible for delivering heating oil and propane to homes and businesses.
Unfortunately, all these commercial trucks and 18-wheelers increase the likelihood of truck accidents. This can make the roads of the Bronx a dangerous place for motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists.
Make no mistake: truck accidents are very different from car accidents. Trucking accidents can be far more deadly due to the sheer size and weight of the vehicles.
Truck accident cases are also more difficult to try. These cases involve taking on trucking companies and insurance companies. Truck companies are required by law to hold more insurance liability policies than regular motorists. That’s why trucking and insurance companies will do everything to lowball your claim or deny the amount of money they need to payout.
Truck accidents could also involve multiple liability parties beyond the trucking company including the truck driver or the manufacturer of the truck and its equipment. That’s why if you were the victim of a truck accident, you need a seasoned truck accident attorney in your corner. The attorneys of Hurt511’s Bronx office are ready to represent you if you were involved in a truck accident in the Bronx.
Call 1.800.HURT.511 or fill out our free, zero-obligation case form to speak with an attorney and learn what your case could be worth.
"I was an UBER passenger and the car got rear-ended by a utility van. I called 1-800-HURT-511 since a friend dealt with them before and I was glad I..."
"Serious team effort from the entire staff to get my work injury case resolved quickly. They built a strong case and kept me in the loop for the..."
"I highly recommend HURT-511! When the insurance companies turned me away after a scary scooter accident that nearly killed me, a lawyer at HURT-511..."
There are many factors that can cause truck accidents. These include road conditions, the experience of the truck driver, and improperly loaded cargo. The most common causes of truck accidents include:
● Fatigue: One of the most common causes of truck accidents is fatigued and overworked truck drivers. Fatigue-related accidents are a major concern for truck drivers, who sometimes drive for 10 hours at a time without a break.
● Alcohol/Drug Use: Drug and alcohol use is another leading cause of truck accidents. Some truck drivers look to stimulants to stay awake during their long drives. Over time, these stimulants can negatively impact driving skills. Other drugs, like alcohol or marijuana, can impair the driver’s coordination and judgment on the road.
● Overspeeding: Truck drivers are given strict deadlines to reach a destination or deliver a load within a certain time frame. These deadlines can put pressure on truck drivers to exceed the speed limit to reach their destination in time. But, this speeding can make it difficult or even impossible for the truck driver to break in time to avoid a collision with a smaller car. One study found that loaded tractor trailers can take up to 40 percent longer to stop than other motor vehicles.
● Lack of Maintenance: Truck maintenance is the responsibility of the trucking company. Each truck is supposed to be inspected before it leaves the depot, but some trucking companies will skip inspections to cut corners and save time. This lack of routine maintenance can lead to terrible accidents caused by brake failures, tire blowouts, poorly secured cargo, and more.
Victims of truck accidents can pursue the following damages in a truck accident suit:
● Economic damages, which cover your tangible financial losses, including lost wages and loss of earning potential, vocational rehabilitation if you’re unable to return to work after your accident, medical expenses for your injuries, and more.
● Non-economic damages, which cover losses that are not financial in nature, including trauma and anguish, pain and suffering, loss of consortium with a spouse or partner, and losses that make it difficult to lead a happy life.
The exact damages you may be eligible for depend on the unique details of your truck accident, including if a third-party is partially liable for the accident. That’s why it’s important to speak with a truck accident attorney who can help you determine what your specific truck accident case could be worth.
For personal injury cases in New York State, the statute of limitations–or the time limit you have to seek a lawsuit after the date of your accident–is usually three years.
But that doesn’t mean you should wait. The longer you wait to contact an attorney, the more likely it will be that vital details that could help you prove your case–such as fellow drivers who witnessed the accident or evidence that the truck driver was incapacitated or asleep at the wheel–will be lost.
To improve your chances of obtaining a winning verdict–and the maximum compensation for your injuries–get in touch with Hurt511 immediately after your accident. After you call 911, call 1.800.HURT.511.
With Hurt511, you will never pay upfront fees for legal representation. Our truck accident attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, which means your attorney only gets paid if they prevail in your case. If they don’t win, they don’t get paid, because your payment to your attorney only comes from the settlement–not from your wallet.
In just four simple steps, Hurt511 can help with your case:
1. Fill out this form or call 1.800.HURT.511.
2. Take 30 seconds to answer a few questions to see what your case is worth.
3. Connect with attorneys in your area who will fight for you—always on a contingency-fee basis.
4. Receive your settlement.
Your immigrant status should never stand in the way between you and excellent legal representation. You have the right to legal representation from a truck accident attorney who knows what it takes to go against the trucking and insurance companies. Dial 1-800-HURT-511 and you will be connected to a Bronx truck accident lawyer who will guide you through your legal options.
1.800.HURT.511 has a proven track record of success recovering large settlements on behalf of our truck accident clients in all five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, and New Jersey. Call 1.800.HURT.511 for a free case evaluation today.