How 1.800.HURT.511 can help after your slip and fall accident!
In the New York, slip and fall accidents account for approximately 15% of all accidental deaths. Further, these types of accidents can be even more common in heavily traveled areas like Brooklyn, or anywhere in the five boroughs. When they do happen, whether at work, home or in between, slip and fall accidents should never be treated lightly.
In addition to being so dangerous, slip and fall Injuries can be very costly. And with the rising costs of healthcare in America, being injured in a slip and fall can generate insurmountable medical bills. Let’s examine exactly what makes slip and fall accidents so expensive.
- Medical bills for slip and fall injuries top $34 billion each year. Slip and fall accidents cost Americans more than $34 billion each year.
- Slip and fall victims miss an average of 11 days of work. In addition to medical bills and pain, slip and fall accidents can cost a loss of occupational productivity. On average, victims may miss 11 days of work due to a slip and fall injury. In cases of serious injury, expensive medical bills and lost work productivity may be much more significant.
IF YOU MISS WORK OR INCREASE DEBT BECAUSE OF A SLIP AND FALL, YOU MAY RECOVER FOR LOST INCOME IN ADDITION TO YOUR OTHER DAMAGES.
- Slip and Falls incidents can cost well over $30,000. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the average hospital cost after a slip and fall is over $30,000.
- Court awards in New York can be substantial. Although slip and fall accidents in New York can be expensive, court awards for these types of cases can be even more substantial.
Following a slip and fall accident, a claim must be filed with the property owner’s insurance provider. Insurance companies, however, are primarily concerned with their best interests of maximizing profits and tend to settle such claims for far less than the injured party deserves. Expert personal injury attorneys at HURT-511 will champion your case and strive for maximal compensation for
- Medical expenses incurred from the injury
- Lost wages if the injury restricts being able to work
- Physical/emotional pain and suffering caused by the injury
Contributory negligence is a legal term used to describe the degree of responsibility for the accident by the injured party, which often reduces or even prevents recovery and compensation if mismanaged by an inexperienced attorney.
Prompt recruitment of an expert legal professional is critical in success of such claims. Immediate inspection of the accident location with properly taken scene photographs must be conducted and recorded witness testimony obtained. If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall due to negligence, call 1-800-HURT-511 for legal help immediately. Our team of personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping slip and fall victims in New York and all its boroughs to recover damages for physical and emotional pain and suffering.